- General multiple sclerosis (MS)
MS - Dimethyl fumarate
The areas of research currently being considered to support studies related to delayed-release dimethyl fumarate (DMF) in multiple sclerosis can be found below.
- Comparative effectiveness as assessed by clinical, MRI, biomarker endpoints as well as PROs vs newer DMTs in the treatment of naïve as well as switch patients
- Assessment of management strategies related to DMF adherence
- Studies deciphering the MoA of dimethyl fumarate including its neuroprotective potential, how it may cause lymphopenia and/or GI symptoms
Out of scope:
- Fluid biomarker studies trying to identify specific responder populations among patients treated with dimethyl fumarate
- Single site studies on clinical efficacy and/or electrophysiological measures or OCT
Of note: Study designs for research objectives that have been well-researched in the past need to be powered to derive statistically meaningful conclusions and provide new scientific observations.
Research support is awarded on a highly competitive basis, and submission of research proposals in these areas of interest does not guarantee that support will be awarded.
- MS - Natalizumab
- MS - Peginterferon beta-1a
- MS - Prolonged-release fampridine